The Shopify POS connector allows you to connect your Shopify POS to the HitPay Wifi Card Reader, providing you with the convenience of automatically feeding the checkout amount to the reader. This eliminates the potential for human error when entering the wrong amount manually. Please note that while the order amount will be sent automatically, your cashier still needs to manually mark the order as paid.
- You must manually mark the order as “Paid” in your Shopify POS, similar to a cash transaction.
- Currently limited to 1 location only. We are actively working on adding support for multiple locations.
- You are using a Shopify POS system.
- You have a HitPay WisePOS E Card reader.
The setup process involves 2 steps:
- Setting up webhooks (Notifications) in your Shopify Store.
- Configuring the manual payment method “HitPay” in your Shopify POS.
This setup allows the card reader to listen to your order details.
- Log in to your HitPay Dashboard, click on Settings > Connections > Shopify POS > Connect under the Payment section:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a webhook URL to your Shopify admin dashboard.
- Copy the “Webhook Secret” from your Shopify admin into your HitPay dashboard and click “Copy.”
- Test the connection by clicking on the “Send test Notification” button on your Shopify Admin page.
- Select the reader you would like to link with Shopify POS.
Your reader is now connected to the Shopify POS.The reader currently does not support multiple locations.
Add Custom Payment Type
- Log in to your Shopify POS and navigate to More > Payment Types and click on Add custom payment type.
- Enter the custom payment name
HitPayand click on Save.
Making a Payment
Accepting a payment using the connected HitPay reader is similar to collecting a “Cash” transaction. Follow the steps below to accept your first card payment.
- Open your Shopify POS and add products to your cart.
- Click on Go to Cart > Checkout.
- Select “HitPay” as your payment option.
- You will see the card reader ready to accept payment with the exact amount as your final cart amount.
- Ask your customer to tap (or insert) their card on the HitPay card reader.
- Wait for the successful payment notification on the card reader.
- Click on Mark as paid in your Shopify POS.