Before you begin integrating HitPay payments into your Wix store, you need to set up your HitPay account and ensure some prerequisites are met:
- If you haven’t already, create an account on HitPay.
- Ensure that you have the necessary payment methods activated in your HitPay account.
- Make sure the payment methods you want to offer are enabled in your Wix sales channel.
Follow these steps to seamlessly integrate HitPay payments into your Wix store:
- Login to your Wix dashboard
- Navigate to Settings > Accept Payments in the Wix Admin Dashboard:
- Scroll down and click See More Payment Options
- Click Connect next to HitPay
- Enter API Keys and Salt Values under Account Information and click on Connect. You may get API keys from HitPay Dashboard > Payment Gateway > API Keys You’re done! Your HitPay integration is now live.
Selecting Payment Methods
Enable/disable the payment methods for your Wix Checkout by updating your Integration Settings for Wix. Login to the hitpay dashboard and select the methods under Integrations > Wix Payments App
Reconciling Orders between Wix and HitPay
Navigate to Finances > Payments in the Wix Dashboard and click on the download CSV button. Upon downloading the CSV, you will find the HitPay payment reference ID under the column Provider Payment ID. You can match the above ID with Plugin Reference column which can be located from the downloaded Transactions Report by going to Sales and Reports > Transactions in the HitPay Dashboard.
Refunds are fully integrated into the Wix dashboard, so you can directly proceed to refund an order from the Wix dashboard, and it will automatically refund the payment back to the customer.
Refunds will only be successful if they meet the criteria of the payment method used. Click Here for more details. If the refund fails, please try to refund directly from the Hitpay dashboard under “Transactions > Select > Refund” to know the exact error.
If you initiate a refund from the Hitpay dashboard, your Wix order will not be refunded. You need to manually update your order in Wix.
Steps to Refund an Order in Wix
- Log in to your Wix Admin.
- Navigate to “Orders” in the dashboard.
- Select the order you wish to refund.
- Click the “Refund” button within the order details.
- Specify refund details, including items and amount.
- Choose the refund method (original payment or store credit).
- Check and ensure the order status is updated to “Refunded” or similar.
- Monitor the refund status for completion.